Maybe nicole was right, maybe I do fall in and out of love to fast. Or maybe I am a selfish scumbag. both?
Regardless, I feel like one. Are relationships the Disney event their made out to be?
Sometimes I like to pretend i'm hunter s. thompson in a less druggy phase of my life. The irrational decision making, the wild sense of adventure. The booze.
Do you think writers can ever marry? We're a flighty non-linear mess and would infidelity make it more romantic, for every relationship? Maybe the only Disney I'm seeing is the torrid separation and the carnal return.
I can't write to save my life today, besides I'm anxious. The cable guy is coming and I won't have to steal the internet anymore. Vladimir Putin was TIME's man of the year. Nicholas Sarkozy is getting married again. The world is turning bitter and the orange in the tropical sky lines might be the only young burning passion left in the developed world.
You all should come check out this new apartment. I have gin...
3 comments:
a bit of a mess,....yes i'm a bit of a mess,....
you seem like your a bit of a mess to though,...lol
clyde,.....clyde is working things out with is family,....
and you? are you really a selfish scumbag?
Hunter S. Thompson is ridiculous. I have an interview of him on dvd; never have I seen someone so genuinely out of their mind. But he was a writer and he married, and had a kid, and surprisingly didn't die at a young age, but that's beside the point.
Infidelity is needed at least once per lifetime, and (almost) always works out for the better. Romantic? I'd say so; secrecy adds its own spice to anything two (or three) can cook up.
And the choppiness to this post makes it sound more authentic. You're really good at explaining what you mean, so when you write all over the place it's kind of refreshing.
I think I was being brash in calling you a selfish scumbag. I'd say you have tendencies but overall you're just a hopeless romantic with self-indulgent motives. I'm still sticking by the in and out of love part. ROFLcopter.
Okay, I know that this has nothing to do with your post at all, but I always think about writers marrying...maybe because I am and I am going to. Soon. And it's weird. And "writers" tend to put themselves in a specific box, like, "I am a writer, and I'm getting married." But I don't think other people do that. I don't think scientists say, "I am a scientist and I'm getting married." Which they should, because science should be able to prove more than words can whether or not love even exists.
It's kind of like a scientist beliving in god. It's questionable. But a writer who belives, that's fairly typical. A writer is expected to have the imagination to believe...in god, or even in love. Disney love.
But is it real? Who knows. Don't worry about it so much. Love, that is, true, scientific love, isn't about fireworks and pumpkins and magical kisses and stuff. It's about a desire just to be around that other person. Rather than a storm, I think real love is a calm. And it isn't something that you can control or are even fully aware of. It just is.
Also, I don't think that writers should love other writers. It's just bound to self-destruct. Writers should love scientists, so that the relationship is balanced. Ying and yang. Imagination and factual information. Disney fantasies and grounded realities.
Post a Comment