Life came quick these past two weeks. With the promotion, the termination, and the move. One year on, and it turns out I've adjusted pretty well comparatively. The short-term future is a little sketchy, but the long term has solid goals. While I've been moving to a million different places for the past year, it looks as if when this lease is up I'll be actually heading off to chicago (or WA/CA is alisons request holds true.)
I'm thinking of going along for the ride these days. I'm not worried about getting a better paying job, or a girlfriend, or whether or not tomorrow will bring the flood. I'm just here, like polyps on the ocean waves, riding along going wherever the ocean throws me. I was updating my fb profile today and was inspired to write this cheesy piece of shit:
Alive and Awake in the American Dream. I eat deep fried food, from filthy street carts in the major metropolises of the great Northeast. I appreciate things for their imperfection and I love the sea. The best kind of love is 5 people in one room playing real music and dropping too fast on the ferris wheel. Everyone, once in there life time should walk barefoot up a mountain, swim in river and commit infidelity. Intelligence is the only barometer of a person, and friendship is rare to come by.
I think its correct though. I'm ok with where I am right now, and while I'd like for more. I don't need to pursue it. I've never felt like this before. I can't believe I'm about to quote Sheryl Crow but I am...I think a change will do me good.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Now I'll have someone to visit in Chicago! As for Sheryl Crow, just don't follow her advice about only using one square of toilet paper. That never ends well for anyone.
Post a Comment