Monday, October 13, 2008

We're fine with the Bean Pot, thanks.

I never really check my event invitations on facebook because their usually to something I couldn’t give a rats ass about, or from someone I no longer talk to, or (and this is the worst) some moronically clever group that people post once on then forget their apart of.

But everyonce in awhile I go through and can everything that inherent is sucking, has sucked, or will continue to suck for months to come. Then I came upon an invitation to support Boston’s bid to have the Olympics in 2020. Are you out of your God damn mind?


If 2004’s DNC didn’t get the message across, and I’m guessing you didn’t live here then, when any event happens in this city, it becomes a bigger cluster fuck than it already was. The trains run less frequently, they break down far more, the hotels can’t support the globe so people are communiting in from route 9 in droves, that does absolutely nothing for traffic, busses, the pike, toll booths or commercial businesses, which are supposed to benefit from the event but since they need to put up “welcome to Boston” purchased by MNC’s, those shops see nothing.

Now we’re going to have the Olympics? I don’t know if you’ve met Boston, but we don’t like people. Any people. We allow gay marriage; no one else on the planet does that. Currently we’re the forerunner in human rights and bloated government. And how is anyone going to get directions? You think the ever shifting Big Dig will be done by then? What happens if a tunnel falls on a diplomat from Chad? We’re all really screwed.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Boston, but the world is 12 years separate from us, and I don’t think in 12 years that gap will change. I don’t even know if we’re behind 12 or ahead 12 but I guess it depends on the issue. As for the support, I fully support people to drive this cancerous geo-social plague out of Kennedy Country before I get stuck behind some Belgian man mispronouncing Quahog and the new bussing riots start all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.